Monday, January 3, 2011

Mediterranean Menu


I've mentioned before that most of my recipes come from friends and family (even the internet), but another source of my inspiration is dining out.  Countless times, I have enjoyed an amazing meal at a restaurant, sat back in my seat and declared to Mr. FoodWhore, "I could totally make this!"

Well, it happened again. Mr. FoodWhore and I had lunch recently at a new-to-us place downtown near his office.  It was Mediterranean fare and by the end of the meal, I knew I would be trying my hand at some similar recipes in the near future. Here's what I included in my Mediterranean-Inspired Menu:

Hummus with Pita, Carrots and Cucumbers
Quinoa with Herbed Butter


Okay, so quinoa isn't exactly Mediterranean, but I wanted the meal to be meat-free and I needed something high in protein. I probably should have used cous-cous to be a little more Med, but I had quinoa on hand and I went with the simple choice.

Over the next few days I'll post the recipes that I used.  

Bon Appetit!
The Food Whore

No comments: