1 cup onions, diced
1 small head of cabbage, shredded
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
2 cups (uncooked) penne pasta
1/2 stick butter
1 tbsp dried thyme
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1. In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil and saute onions until translucent.
2. Add the cabbage and saute on high for 2-3 minutes. Toss in walnuts. Lower heat to medium and continue to cook for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Boil a pot of water. Cook pasta. Drain and keep warm.
4. In a small saute pan, melt the butter and stir in the Parmesan and thyme.
5. Add pasta to cabbage mixture when it's done cooking. Mix in butter sauce and stir to coat.
6. Top with freshly grated Parmesan and serve immediately.
Nutritional Info: 445 calories per serving
The Food Whore