2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, diced
2 sausages, chopped
1 green bell pepper, diced
3 carrots, peeled and chopped
3/4 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
3 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
3/4 cup frozen peas
1 cup uncooked cous cous
1 pinch saffron
salt and pepper to taste
hot sauce (optional)
1. In a large skillet, saute garlic and onion until soft and slightly translucent over medium heat with just a touch of olive oil.
2. Add in sausage, carrots, and bell pepper. (I use pre-cooked sausage that just needs to be heated.) Cook until sausage is lightly browned and peppers are soft.
3. Add in black beans, tomatoes, and peas. Cook until warmed through.
4. Add 1 1/2 cups of warm water. Bring to a boil and stir in cous cous and saffron. You may need to add a little more water if cous cous is too dry. Stir for 3-4 minutes while cous cous cooks up.
5. Season with salt and pepper. Add some hot sauce if you like a little spice. Enjoy.
Nutritional Info: each serving has 290 calories
The Food Whore