Creamy Zucchini White Pizza
2 garlic cloves
1 cup fresh basil leaves
1 tbsp olive oil
4 oz cream cheese
2 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
1 large zucchini, thinly sliced
1/2 cup onion, diced
2 cups kale leaves
prepared pizza dough
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup shredded parmesan
1. Prepare pizza dough according to recipe and pre-bake it in the oven. While the dough is cooking, combine the garlic, basil, olive oil, cream cheese and 2 tbsp of parmesan in a small food processor. Blend until you have a creamy pesto blend.
2. In a small sautee pan, cook the zucchini for 3-5 minutes over medium heat. You don't want to cook it completely, just get it started. When done, remove from heat, and set aside.
3. In the same small pan, heat more olive oil and lightly sautee the onion. Add in the kale and cook until the leaves are all wilted.
4. When the crust is done pre-baking, remove it from the oven. Spread the cream cheese mixture on the crust.
5. Add the kale and onions, spreading evenly over the pie.
6. Arrange the slices of zucchini around the pizza and top with the mozzarella and remaining parmesan.
7. Bake at 350* for 10-15 minutes until cheese is all melted and bubbly.
The Food Whore