Sunday, April 10, 2011

Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing

I really love this lemon vinaigrette dressing, especially for the roasted beet salad. Combined with the feta and onions and sweet beets, it's a perfect complement. This recipe is another twist on my standard vinaigrette dressing recipe. While this recipe is portioned to make 2-3 servings (perfect for the beet salad), it's very easy to make more or less, adjusting the ratios. Just like I mentioned in my standard recipe, I like a more acidic dressing.  If you prefer a mellower taste, increase the oil portion slightly.

Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing
(makes 2-3 servings)
Ingredients
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp lemon juice
pinch of dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste

Directions
1. Combine all ingredients in a small container with a good lid.

2. Right before serving, shake vigorously to mix and pour over salad.

How easy is that!?

Bon Appetit!
The Food Whore

No comments: