Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Shopping

I wanted to take a minute to pat myself on the back share some money-saving tips when it comes to grocery shopping.  As I've mentioned before, I'm a couponer.  I worried that my budget would be affected when we moved from a very affordable city to one of the most expensive in the country.  But our grocery budget hasn't changed that much.

One thing that has changed is the size of my kitchen. It's infinitely bigger now! And I have a pantry! All this means that I can stock-pile more ingredients when they go on sale. 

my wonderful pantry

But what does this all mean for Thanksgiving?  I only spent $50 on all the stuff I needed to cook this entire meal, including a 14 lb turkey and wine! By couponing, shopping sales, and stock-piling items at their bottom prices, I managed to pick up all the perishables and random items that I needed without breaking the bank. I have to admit, I was feeling pretty good about my total, but even more so when a co-worker (who is only cooking for 3) told me she spent $300!

So I urge you all to consider couponing. It doesn't take that much time once you learn the ins and outs. And think of what you can do with all that extra money! 

Bon Appetit!
The Food Whore

No comments: