Katie, at Good Things Catered, is one of my go-to food bloggers. She has some amazing recipes that I have used over the years and this is another one of hers. I haven't tried it before, but I'm sure it won't disappoint. I love green beans at Thanksgiving, but I also wanted something lighter than the typical green bean casserole with heavy cream of mushroom soup and fried onions.
1 lb fresh green beans, ends trimmed
1/2 lb shallots, peeled, halved and sliced thin
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
pinch herbs de provence
salt and pepper to taste
1. In large pot, over medium high heat, boil water and steam green beans.
2. Meanwhile, in large skillet over medium high heat, heat oil until almost smoking.
3. Add shallots to pan, stir well and turn heat down to medium low.
4. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and tender, about 15-20 minutes.
5. Stir in garlic and herbs and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
6. Stir in steamed green beans, remove from heat and stir until beans are coated.
7. Place into serving bowl and serve immediately.
The Food Whore