2-3 cups chopped broccoli
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup calamata olives, halved
1 green bell pepper sliced thinly
2-3 yellow squash, sliced and halved
1/3 cup olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp dried oregano
pesto (try this recipe)
1 box of your favorite pasta (I used fusilli because it reminds me of Seinfeld)
3 chicken breasts, skinless & boneless
1. Clean and prep all veggies, mixing them together in a large bowl.
2. Drizzle veggies with olive oil and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and oregano. Mix well to coat all veggies.
3. Lay your veggies out on a baking sheet, making sure they are spread evenly for cooking.
4. Roast in the oven at 425 degrees for 25 minutes.
5. While your veggies are roasting, boil your pasta and prepare your pesto. When pasta is done, drain and toss with pesto until well-coated. Set aside.
6. In a large skillet, heat a bit of olive oil and add chicken breasts. Cook until the bottom is no longer pink, then flip. Cover and continue cooking for 5-7 minutes or until cooked all the way through.
7. When chicken is done, slice into thin strips.
8. Mix veggies in with pasta, stirring gently so as not to mush the veggies.
9. Spoon the pasta onto a plate and top with chicken strips.
10. Squirt with a bit of lime juice and parmesan, and enjoy!
This was a delicious, light, but filling dish. The lime juice gives it a boost of flavor and brings out the taste of the fresh vegetables. I can't wait to make this again.
*Note: you can make this dish vegetarian by simply omitting the chicken. If you do this, I suggest upping the amount of veggies used so there's more substance/flavor.