1 yellow bell pepper
1 orange bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
2 small yellow squash
2 small zucchini squash
3 shallots, diced
1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup kalamata olives, halved
1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1/8 cup olive oil
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
1. To prepare the vegetables, quarter and seed the bell peppers and slice the squash vertically. Sprinkle with a bit of olive oil and salt and pepper them.
2. Spray the grill with a non-stick cooking spray and preheat to medium/350.
3. Lay your veggies out on the grill and cook for about 4 minutes to get grill marks on them. Then flip and cook for 4-5 more minutes.
4. In the meantime, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, and spices in a bowl and mix well. Toss in the tomatoes, cilantro, shallots, and olives and stir.
5. Remove the veggies from the grill and allow to cool for a few minutes. When they are cool to touch, cut into bite-sized pieces.
6. Mix in the chopped veggies and serve immediately.
*Note: this is a delicious summer salad to serve with anything off the grill. We ate this with grilled chicken sandwiches (recipe coming soon). I also heated this up with the leftover rice and shrimp from the night before, and it was a very flavorful and delicious lunch.