Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Spiced Cilantro Shrimp

Katie over at Good Things Catered is an ongoing inspiration to me. Her recipes always look amazing and I'm constantly bookmarking her blog posts for future inspiration. Most recently, I decided to take on her Spiced Cilantro Shrimp. This was a super easy and delicious meal. I couldn't get enough of these shrimp. I just kept eating and eating...yum!


Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
juice of 1 lime
juice of 1 lemon
3 tbsp tequila
1 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp chili powder
salt and pepper to taste
3 tbsp chopped cilantro


Directions:
1. Mix all ingredients (except shrimp and cilantro) in a medium sized bowl.



2. Add in the shrimp and let marinade for 1-2 hours.



3. Slide the shrimp onto skewers. I use metal kabobs. If you are using wood kabobs, be sure to soak in water for 1 hour before grilling to prevent burning.

4. Place the kabobs on a grill pre-heated to 350 or medium heat.

5. Cook for 3-4 minutes on one side. Then flip and cook for 4 more minutes.


6. Remove from the grill and sprinkle with fresh cilantro.




7. Serve over yellow rice or in a salad or just eat them plain off the kabobs like I eventually did because these are some really tasty shrimp!



Bon Appetit!

The FoodWhore

No comments: