1 1/2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
juice of 1 lime
juice of 1 lemon
3 tbsp tequila
1 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp chili powder
salt and pepper to taste
3 tbsp chopped cilantro
1. Mix all ingredients (except shrimp and cilantro) in a medium sized bowl.
2. Add in the shrimp and let marinade for 1-2 hours.
3. Slide the shrimp onto skewers. I use metal kabobs. If you are using wood kabobs, be sure to soak in water for 1 hour before grilling to prevent burning.
4. Place the kabobs on a grill pre-heated to 350 or medium heat.
5. Cook for 3-4 minutes on one side. Then flip and cook for 4 more minutes.
6. Remove from the grill and sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
7. Serve over yellow rice or in a salad or just eat them plain off the kabobs like I eventually did because these are some really tasty shrimp!