Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Best Turkey Burgers Ever

I love a good turkey burger. I wasn't raised eating red meat, so turkey burgers are what I imagine when I think of a real burger. Of course there are lots of people out there who feel that a real burger must be beef. I challenge you to try this turkey burger, and if you don't absolutely love it, then you can go back to being all pro-beef. I have a feeling I'll have a bunch of turkey converts on my hands.


Ingredients:
1 1/2 lbs lean ground turkey
1 white onion, chopped
3 large celery stalks, chopped finely
3 tbsp Major Grey's chutney
1 tbsp liquid smoke
2 tbsp Worcestshire sauce
1 small green apple diced
handful of cilantro leaves, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 egg, beaten
salt and pepper to taste



Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients except for the ground turkey in a medium sized bowl. Mix well.

2. Add the ground turkey and mix by hand until well-blended.


3. Chill for at least one hour.


4. Form patties with the meat mixture. Layer them on parchment paper and chill again for an hour.


*Note: chilling the meat mix and the patties is crucial. If the patties are too warm/soft, they won't stay together well on the grill.


5. Place patties on a greased grill at medium heat. Cook until the bottom is no longer pink. Then flip.


6. Continue cooking until cooked all the way through. This will take 5-10 minutes depending on how thick your patties are.


7. Place patty on a bun and top with your favorite condiments.


Bon Appetit!
The FoodWhore

No comments: