Friday, August 1, 2008

I've Been Tagged

By the lovely Marialena/WhatWedding. For those of you who don't know what that means, I will explain: someone out there reads my blog, loves me for who I am, and wants to know more about Mrs. Food Whore. So I must post 6 random facts about myself . . . and since this is a food blog, I'm going to try to keep them all food/cooking related.

1. I enjoy raw mushrooms on a salad, but cooked mushrooms make me want to gag. I am constantly picking them off of pizza or out of my veggie low mein. Cooked mushrooms (and mayo) are in fact the only food from my childhood that I despised, that I still do not like. (I've gotten over my hatred of tomatoes, mustard, lima beans, and onions.

2. My all-time favorite comfort food is spaghetti. My granny made the best spaghetti, with just a touch of sugar in the sauce. I could eat her spaghetti by the plateful.

3. Sweet tea and beer (not together) are probably the two greatest beverages ever invented.

4. Chik-Fil-A is my favorite fast food place, and unfortunately, I only crave it on Sundays. Damn those crazy chicken-loving Baptists!

5. My favorite places to eat in my home-town (in case you're ever in my neck of the woods) are Satchel's, Bistro, Dragonfly, The Third Place (RIP), and Mildred's. I'm also a big fan of Sonny's--and we've got the original one here.

6. I've recently gotten into baking bread...and I've already baked 3 loaves this week. Watch out, I've got a bread maker and I'm not afraid to use it.


So here are the rules of being tagged:
1. Link to the person who tagged you (i.e. me)
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Write 6 random things about yourself
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them--I'm going to have to think about this one, because most blogs I read have been tagged lately.
5. Let each person you have tagged know by leaving a comment on their blog
6. Let the tagger (me) know when your entry is posted. Have fun and thanks for stopping bye!

No comments: