4 medium sized bell peppers, red or green
1 lb ground turkey
1/2 cup red onion, diced
2 tbsp garlic, minced
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
3/4 cup diced fresh tomatoes
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cut the tops off the peppers (save the tops) and clean out the innards. Wrap the four peppers in foil and place in a 9 x 9 pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
3. Chop up the pepper from the tops and set aside.
4. In a large skillet, heat olive oil and sautee the onions and garlic until browned.
5. Add the meat and cook through. Stir in the tomatoes and chopped peppers. Cook for 5 more minutes on medium heat.
ground turkey stuffing
6. Unwrap your peppers and scoop some of the meat filling into each one, only filling them halfway. Layer in some mozzarella cheese, more meat and more cheese until the peppers are full. Cheese should be your top layer.
7. Bake for another 15 minutes.
yum...hot and melty from the ovenServe with whole wheat pasta and marinara sauce for a delicious and healhty meal. Serves 4.
The Food Whore