I got my 1st issue of The Nest magazine last week and it had some tasty salad recipes that I was eager to try out. Mr. Food Whore can be hesitant to try new things sometimes, but he raved about this one. It was pretty easy to make and healthy. I can't wait til Springtime when we have tons of fresh produce and can have salads like this all the time.
1 lb shrimp
1 bag mixes salad greens
1 1/2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
2 tomatoes, chopped
3/4 cup red onion chopped
2 oz feta cheese, crumbled
3 tbsp garlic, minced
1/2 cup olive oil
4 tbsp lemon juice
salt and pepper
1. Peel and de-vein the shrimp.
2. Mix the marinade for the shrimp--1 1/2 tbsp garlic, 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 tbsp lemon juice and 2 tbsp each of chopped parsley and oregano.
3. Cover the shrimp in the marinade and refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. Cook the orzo pasta, drain and chill.
5. Sautee the shrimp in a pan with marinade. Remove from the heat.
6. Mix the remaining garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and herbs to make the dressing. I tossed this all in my mini food processor and it was a breeze.
7. Mix the dressing, orzo, veggies, shrimp, and cheese and stir well.
8. Fill a salad bowl with greens and top with the pasta mixture. And serve. Serves 4
The Food Whore