Friday, March 7, 2008

Windy City Grub

I'm taking a few days off from blogging and cooking. Mr. Food Whore and I are headed to the Windy City for a vacation. We'll be visiting a good friend who recently moved up there. While we're there, we are looking forward to checking out some of the food that Chi-Town is known for...mainly the deep dish pizza. We'll be heading to Lou Malnati's, which comes highly recommended and delivers all over the world so we'll be able to get a fix when we're back in the Sunshine State.



We've also been told that Hi Ricky Zen Noodles is amazing Asian cuisine. And our friend Katie says that we absolutely cannot leave Chicago withouth checking out Vienna Beef Hotdogs. Appearantly there is a shop right by her house that sells 1 hotdog, 1 tamale, fries and a soda for $5. Now that's my kind of deal. We're also planning to have cocktails at the Hancock Observatory Lounge on the 94th floor and at Big Bar Chicago which serves 20 oz ($24) martinis. I'll take 2, please!



I can't wait to get a taste of Chicago. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures and post all about it.

Bon Appetit!
The Food Whore

No comments: