We tried a new recipe last night: Taco Chicken. I have to admit, I had my reservations about this meal, but it was delicious. This definitely qualifies as a simple meal and I'll be adding it to my repetoire.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 potatoes, sliced very thin
1 pack taco seasoning
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
1 cup salsa (try home-made salsa...click here for my recipe)
1. Pre-heat oven to 400.
2. Lay out 4 pieces of foil (approx 12" x 12")
3. On the foil, lay out a 1/4 of the potatoes in a pile. Top with chicken.
4. Sprinkle the chicken with 1/4th of the taco seasoning, salsa, and cheese.
5. Wrap the foil up and fold in to seal. Repeat three more times.
6. Place foil pouches on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
7. Remove chicken and potatoes from foil and top with sour cream before serving.
I served corn on the cob as a side item with this meal. For those of you counting calories, the taco chicken is 364 calories.