Saturday, January 26, 2008

My Salsa Makes All the Pretty Girls Dance

I have to admit, I bought salsa for many years, but after discovering this recipe for home-made salsa I will never buy again. I found the recipe for Salsa Borracha (drunk salsa) on allrecipes.com. I've tweaked it a bit to make it my own. It's super-easy and super-delicious, and it's a synch to adapt it to your own personal taste.

Salsa Borracha (Drunk Salsa)

Ingredients

4 fresh tomatoes
1 can diced jalapenos
1 (12 fluid ounce) bottle Mexican beer (or light beer)
1/2 cup water, or as needed
1 clove garlic
1 slice onion
salt to taste
favorite hot sauce (optional)

1. Place the tomatoes and jalapenos in a medium saucepan with the beer. Add enough water to cover the tomatoes and bring to a boil.

2. Let boil for a few minutes, then turn the heat down to simmer for 10-15 minutes.

3. Remove from heat. Let the tomato mixture cool for a few minutes.

4. In a food processor or blender, combine tomato mixture, onions, and garlic. Blend until pureed.

5. Add salt and hot sauce until seasoned to taste. Mix well.

6. Pour the salsa through a strainer to remove excess liquid. The salsa will still be warm at this point. I suggest chilling it in the fridge for at least 90 minutes before serving. Serve with tortilla chips.

Bon Appetit!
The Food Whore

No comments: