Thursday, February 14, 2008

Rosemary Dijon Pork Chops

Mr. Food Whore and I aren't real big on Valentine's Day. We usually have a nice dinner at home and spend some time together. No need to fight for a reservation at a fancy pants restaurant when I can make something just as good at home (and at a fraction of the cost).

For the big day, I decided to make Rosemary Dijon Pork Chops. Yum, yum, yum! I was not raised eating pork. We ate seafood and poultry. Recently I decided to give pork a try. I've made some recipes for pulled pork, pork tenderloin and pork chops and HOLY COW! It's delicious. I wish my parents had let me get a taste of Babe when I was younger. This recent discovery has opened up a whole new door in the world of cooking for me. I feel like I have so many more options now. Ok, enough raving, onto the recipe.



Ingredients
4 boneless pork chops
4 small potatoes, chopped
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 tbsp rosemary
4 tbsp dijon mustard
carrots
italian dressing (optional)
broccoli (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 375.

2. placed chopped potatoes in a microwave safe bowl. The original recipe calls for italian dressing. I never buy salad dressing, so I just mixed up some olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and basil. Toss the potatoes in the dressing and nuke for 7 minutes.

3. Lay the pork chops out on a baking sheet. Spread with mustard.

4. Mix bread crumbs and rosemary and sprinkle over the porkchops, coating the top.

5. Surround the chops with the microwaved potatoes and cook in the oven for 30 minutes.

6. While the pork chops are baking, steam the carrots (and broccoli if you'd like another side item--we did).

And that's it. Another delicious and simple meal (serves 4). Mr. Food Whore was super impressed with how easy it was to make. And he was even more impressed when he tasted it. I thought this was delicious. One of my favorite meals lately. I will definitely be making this again soon.

For those counting calories, the entire meal (pork chops, potatoes, carrots and broccoli) totals 580 calories. Not too shabby for a meal rich in protein and veggies.

Bon Appetit!
The Food Whore

No comments: