Two weeks in a row, I got pears in my CSA delivery. I had pears out the wazoo. Something had to be done. So I trusted Google once again. And once again, Google steered me in a pretty tasty direction.
9 medium pears, peeled, halved, and cored
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup water
2 tsp vanilla
4 cups plain yogurt
1. Pre-heat oven to 400*.
2. Place pear halves in a 9 x 13 pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar and vanilla. Add water.
3. Roast for 45 minutes.
4. Remove from oven. Let cool completely and then transfer entire pan to the fridge to chill for 1 hour.
5. Set aside 6 of the pear halves for topping your frozen yogurt.
6. Place the rest of the halves along with the juice in a blender or food processor and blend until you have a smooth puree.
7. Mix puree, yogurt and honey and place in your ice cream maker. Follow the directions for the ice cream maker.
*Note: I really think this frozen yogurt is best when served immediately after the 1-2 hours in the freezer. It's much creamier then. Once it's been frozen overnight, it still tastes good, but it has a frostier texture that is not as amazing in my opinion.
9. To serve, sprinkle lightly with cinnamon and top with diced reserved pears.
Nutritional Info: 167 calories per 1 cup serving
The Food Whore