Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Spicy Sweet Potato Pork Burritos
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp sriracha
1 tsp dried thyme
medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped
2 whole wheat tortilla shells
1 cup spinach leaves
1 cup pulled pork
1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
1/3 cup red onion, diced
1. Boil a small pot of water and cook sweet potato until fork-tender, approximately 8 minutes.
2. In a small saute pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil and cook garlic until lightly browned.
3. Add sriracha, thyme, and sweet potato. Saute until sweet potato is browned.
4. Heat black beans and reserve.
5. Warm your tortillas.
6. Top with spinach and pork. Spoon sweet potatoes on top. Sprinkle black beans and onions on top of potatoes.
7. Wrap up your burrito and enjoy!
The Food Whore