Friday, January 4, 2013

Apple Pecan Bread

I'm not sure how I haven't posted this recipe before. It's a long-time favorite of mine. I've had it so long, I don't remember where I got it from, but trust me, it's wonderful. I eat this bread for breakfast, snack, dessert . . . anytime!


Ingredients
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 smidgen fresh ground nutmeg
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
1 egg, plus 1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup apples (about 2 medium), diced
1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and prepare a loaf pan (or 4 mini loaf pans).

2. In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg and whisk to combine thoroughly, set aside.

3. In bowl of stand mixer, combine oil and sugar and beat to combine thoroughly.

4. Add egg and yolk and beat to combine thoroughly.

5. Beat in vanilla.

6. Turn mixer to low and add flour mixture, a little at a time, beating until just combined.

7. Stir in apples and pecans.

8. Scrape batter into prepared loaf pan (batter will be quite thick) and spread evenly.

9. Place loaf pan into oven and bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 80-90 minutes (45 minutes for mini loaves).

10. Let cool before serving.


Bon Appetit!
The Food Whore

No comments: