Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Garden Update #2

Everything but my peppers has sprouted up and has been transplanted! My garden is a little ghetto looking right now. I didn't want to buy a ton of 5 gallon buckets if half the plants didn't survive, so for now, they are all planted in a hodge-podge of containers that I've been saving/collecting. Once they get bigger, they will be transitioned (again) into 5 gallon buckets and spaced apart more. So far the plants are all thriving--our "yard" is going to be full of buckets soon!


The tomatoes and basil are still inside, per the instructions on the seed packet, but all other plants have been placed outside, as the weather is past the point of freezing!!!! Hooray for spring. I am keeping an eye on the temps though as it's been known to snow in June! For now though, we are in the clear.

seed start-up supplies (seeds, organic feed, and seed starter kit): $27
organic potting soil: $30
TOTAL: $57

No comments: