Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My First Wilton Cake

As you know, I'm in the midst of Wilton-Course 1.  Our first week, we just listened and learned techniques for baking and icing a cake, as well as an introduction to the tools and supplies needed.  It was a bit overwhelming, but it was good to know what we need everything for so we could determine what we wanted and what was optional.

In our second class, we got to do hands-on work.  We learned how to do stars and how to do an icing-gel transfer, which is an easy way to transfer a design/pattern on to a cake. We also practiced writing--mine was atrocious at first...and my cursive is definitely better than print. You can see in the picture, I'm still shaky with my writing. But overall, I'm very proud of my first effort at cake decorating. I'm really looking forward to our next lesson!

Bon Appetit!
The Food Whore

No comments: