The black bean dip I made the other day was so good and I was looking for new ways to incorporate into our meals so we weren't just sitting around eating dip and chips. Mr. FoodWhore is a big fan of breakfast for dinner, so I made breakfast burritos the other night! They were a big hit. So tasty and easy and quite filling.
Breakfast for dinner is one of my favorite winter-time meals because it's a warm hearty meal and it's easy to make for busy weeknights and best of all it's cheap! Two eggs cost around $.30 instead of chicken breast or steak or seafood that cost much more than that. And one final reason I love breakfast for dinner so much: a lot of times, we're rushed in the morning. We barely make time for cereal, let alone frying bacon and cooking up home-fries. So getting a delicious hearty breakfast is a treat no matter what time of day!
4 tbsp spicy black bean dip
1/4 cup diced red onion
1/8 cup diced sun-dried tomatoes
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3 tbsp low-fat sour cream
2 of your favorite wraps (I am loving Flat-Out right now!)
1. In a medium sautee pan, heat some low-fat margerine and sautee the tomatoes and onions until the onions are softened and translucent.
2. Scramble the eggs in a bowl and toss into the pan, cooking until done.
3. While the eggs are cooking, nuke the bean dip briefly so that it's warm. Spread the dip on the wraps.
4. Split the eggs between the two wraps and roll tightly. Sprinkle with cheese and pop in a toaster oven on broil until the cheese is melted...just a minute or two.
5. Top with a dollop of sour cream and enjoy!
Makes 2 burritos. Depending on the specific products you use, this burrito has approx. 395 calories. Add 2 strips of turkey bacon and home fries for another 220 calories.