Yum, yum, yum! A delicious and easy pesto pizza.
1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded/sliced
1/4 red onion, sliced
1 red bell pepper, cut in half and seeded
2 cloves garlic, minced
ready-made pizza dough
sun-dried tomato pesto
4-6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
2-3 cups mozzarella
1. Grease and pre-heat grill to 350. When it reaches temp, place the bell pepper and slices of onion on the grill. Flip after 3 minutes and cook the other side.
2. When onions and pepper are done, sliced them into thin strips.
3. Roll out the pizza dough on a greased piece of tin foil.
4. Spread the pesto evenly onto the crust. Make sure you don't have too much concentrated in the middle or it will sag a lot when you pull away the slices.
5. Sprinkle the crust with garlic and basil.
6. Top with mozzarella cheese. We usualy go with 2 cups since we like lighter cheese on the flatbread pizzas, but feel free to go for 3+ cups if you're a big cheese-lover.
7. Top with chicken, onions, and peppers.
8. Transfer to grill to cook. I slide the foil onto a large cutting board. I've found that's the easiest way to carry it from the counter and slide it on to the grill. Cook for around 12 minutes. It's done when the crust is a light golden brown and the cheese is bubbly and melted.