Saturday, October 10, 2009

BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza

Somehow I didn't end up with any pictures of this one.  Maybe because it was so delicious looking that I couldn't control myself long enough to find a  camera.  I just dove right in.  Trust me, this looked good.

Ingredients
pizza dough (I prefer the store-bought kind because it's easy)
your favorite BBQ sauce
1 chicken breast
1/2 red onion
1 4 oz can chiles
1 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
1 1/4 cup cheddar cheese

Directions
1. Pre-heat the grill to 350. 

2. When grill reaches temp, cook the chicken (approx 4 minutes on each side depending on thickness).  Also add slices of red onion to the grill.  These grill better if you slice them thick, like 1/4"-1/2" thick and keep the rings all together.

3. While chicken and onions are cooking, roll out the pizza dough and place it on a greased piece of foil.

4.  When chicken is done, slice or shred it.  Also dice the onions.

5.  Spread a layer of BBQ sauce on the pizza dough. I used a mix of Carolina Gold and Sonny's BBQ Sweet Sauce. 

6. Top with mix of cheeses.

7. Add your chicken, onion and chiles.

8. Cook on the grill (on the foil)  for approx 10 minutes at 350.  You'll know it's done when the crust gets light brown and the cheese is bubbly.

Enjoy!

Bon Appetit!
The Foodwhore

No comments: