Monday, September 7, 2009

East End Eatery


Discovering East End Eatery was bittersweet for me. Not only did I hear of this place less than a year before we're moving away, but EEE was open for almost a year before I realized it. I can't believe this, considering it's walking distance to my house. This may not seem like much to those of you who live in busy neighborhoods in big cities, but I live in a neighborhood that is not known for being a prime business locale. Unless you want pizza or fast food, there's not much in the way of restaurants in my area of town. So East End Eatery was a pleasant surprise.
This is a great little place that's open just for lunch during the week, for now. They have plans to open for weekend brunches and try out dinner on Monday nights very soon. I'm hoping sooner than later : ) Their menu includes delicious sandwiches (the chicken salad is divine), fresh soups and salads, and vegetarian options.
EEE has gone green and serves all their food and drinks on reusable dishes and glasses. Their shop is small and has grown from a catering business. All around the decor features elements of the owner's other company. The shelves are lined with gorgeous pitchers, platters and serving ware. (It's a FoodWhore's heaven!) Soft blues and silvers accent the cafe, and I can't help but think that I would decorate my own kitchen similarly if given the chance.
Check out EEE if you're ever over on the east-side, but don't forget to bring cash, as they don't accept plastic.
Bon Appetit!
The FoodWhore

No comments: