1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 cups rice (uncooked)
1 can coconut milk
1 can red beans
1 package fresh asparagus
1. Bring 3 cups of water to a boil and begin to cook your rice.
2. While rice is cooking, begin to put the shrimp on the skewers. Once they are all on, season with Jamaican All-Spice, chipotle powder (just sprinkle a pinch), and salt and pepper.
3. Pre-heat grill to 350/medium and coat with non-stick cooking spray. When grill is to temp, add your asparagus.
4. After approx. 4 minutes, roll the asparagus to cook the other side. It should take about another 4-6 minutes.
5. Once your asparagus have been on the grill for 2-3 minutes, add your shrimp skewers. Flip shrimp at the same time as the asparagus. They should be done at the same time. Shrimp have a built-in thermometer. When they turn pink, they are done.
6. When rice is done, mix in about 2/3 of the can of coconut milk. You want the rice to have a sticky consistency, but not be watery from the milk.
7. Open the can of beans and rinse them to get off the "juice." Add the beans to the rice and stir well to mix.