Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

me and my mom on my birthday a few years ago with
the home-made cupcakes she made for me...YUM!

I grew up in a house that was all about home-made food. Mom (and Dad) loved to cook and she shared this love with me. I aspire to be an even better cook than my mom, and those are some big shoes to fill. My mom also has a kitchen that's about 4 times the size of mine and a pantry that is to die for, which is also something aspire to. Thanks, Mom, for always lending me platters, pitchers, pans and more!

So in honor of Mama Foodwhore, here's a list of all the wonderful things that my mom cooks and that I hope to one day be able to cook as well as her.
  • Apple Pie with home-made crust
  • Salmon Patties
  • Mac-n-Cheese (the real stuff, not out of a box)
  • Mashed Potatoes
  • Chicken and Dumplings (my first and only dumpling experience was a disaster!)
  • chocolate chip cookies
  • blueberry muffins
  • all the Thanksgiving sides: squash casserole, green bean casserole, corn casserole, stuffing, and about a dozen other things
  • strawberry shortcake
  • and so much more...everything Mom cooks is amazing and I hope my kids will one day say that about me!

Bon Appetit and Happy Mother's Day!

The Food Whore

No comments: