1 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 white onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
2 carrots, sliced
1-1 1/2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
green peas (frozen are ok)
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, diced
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat and sautee onions until translucent.
2. Add in the bell peppers, tomatoes, and carrots and sautee until slightly tender (3-5 minutes).
3. Toss in the peas if they are frozen. If you are using canned peas, you can add them at the last minute (as the shrimp are finishing up). Frozen will need a few minutes to warm up.
4. Add the shrimp and cook until pink. Do not over cook the shrimp. They will only need a couple minutes to cook all the way through.
5. Season with salt, pepper and a bit of chili powder for a kick.
6. Serve over yellow rice and garnish with cilantro.