I originally found this on a Weight Watchers' website with a point value of 7. I'm not on WW, so I'm not entirely sure what that means, but it looked tasty, so I decided to try it out. This was a great fresh and light meal for summer time. I added grilled chicken for some extra protein...not sure what that does to the point total, but it upped the taste factor!
1/2 box fettuccine (I used rotini), cooked and drained
2 tsp butter
2 tsp olive oil
1 lb asparagus, cut into 1" pieces
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup fat free half-n-half
1 tsp cornstarch mixed with 1 tbsp water
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
2 tbsp parmesan
1 tbsp lemon zest
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 grilled chicken breasts, sliced
1. Place butter and olive oil in a large skillet and melt over medium heat.
2. Add asparagus, season with salt and pepper and cook until it begins to brown. Approx 6 minutes.
3. Remove the asparagus from the skillet and set aside.
4. In a small bowl, mix egg and half-n-half. Add to the skillet that cooked the asparagus.
5. Over medium heat, add cornstarch mixture and cook until thickened. Stir constantly.
6. Remove from heat. Add pasta, asparagus, lemon zest and juice, and mix well.
7. Top with chicken slices, parmesan cheese, and fresh parsley.