Tuesday, March 17, 2009

BBQ Pork Wraps

The second pork meal we made has to be my favorite. Mr. Food Whore also loved it and we happily took the leftovers to work each day for lunch. As usual, I made a few changes...and even though this is an Emeril recipe, I think I managed to improve it.

Unfortunately, because we brought these for lunch, I didn't get a good picture. My apologies...just trust me: these are delicious and well worth it.

Ingredients:
Cole Slaw--I used the Publix mix and followed the directions on package
10-inch whole wheat tortillas
1/4-inch slices cooked pork tenderloin
2 tablespoons of your favorite barbecue sauce
2 green onions chopped
Fresh spinach leaves (remove stems)

Directions:
1. Warm the tortilla either according to package directions. I like to put it in the microwave with a damp paper towel for 20 seconds.

2. On the tortilla, lay out a bed of spinach leaves.

3. Pour on 1-2 tbsp of BBQ sauce.

4. Sprinkle on some green onions.

5. Lay on the pork and top with cole slaw.

6. Roll up the wrap and slice diagonally.

7. Serve with extra cole slaw on the side.

Bon Appetit!
The Food Whore

No comments: