Thursday, January 1, 2009
Santa's Thumbprint/Cherry Delights
This is the first in a multiple part series of Christmas cookies my mom and I made for the holidays.
1 cup margarine
½ cup sugar
½ cup light Karo corn syrup
2 egg yolks (reserve egg whites)
2 ½ cups flour
2 cups finely chopped pecans or walnuts
1. Mix all ingredients together and chill
2. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and dip into the beaten egg whites
3. Roll in the chopped nuts until coated
4. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Press candied cherry halves into the center of the cookies.
5. Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes.
The Food Whore