Part 3 of the Holiday Cookie series
½ cup unsalted butter
4 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
4 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 ½ cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
4 large eggs
2 tbsp buttermilk
1 cup all purpose flour
½ cup cocoa powder
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp salt
11 oz semisweet chocolate chunks
1. Position racks in the lower and upper 1/3 of the oven and preheat to 325 degrees. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper
2. Combine the first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl and heat in the microwave until soft, about 2 minutes. Stir and heat again until completely melted.
3. Stir the two sugars and vanilla into the chocolate mixture with a wooden spoon.
4. Add the eggs and milk and beat vigorously until thick and glossy.
5. In another bowl, mix the flour, cocoa, cinnamon and salt together.
6. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just mixed. Stir in the chunks.
7. Drop the batter in heaping tablespoons onto baking sheets. A small ice cream scoop is ideal for this. Space the cookies about 2” apart. Bake until cookies are set, but soft and fudgy inside, about 12-15 minutes.
8. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes then transfer to rack to cool completely. Can be stored for up to a week.