Sunday, July 20, 2008

4th of July Sweets

Ok, so 4th of July was a few weeks ago. It's summertime. Please forgive my relaxed attitude when it comes to posting. Here's the super simple dessert I made for the 4th.

1. Bake cupcakes as per the box recipe and ice with white icing. (The cake in the picture was leftover batter b/c I ran out of cupcake tins).

2. Use 4 blueberries for the "stars" and red fruit roll-ups for the stripes. Cut the roll-ups with a pizza cutter...that worked best for me.

Note: Be sure to use fruit roll-ups without anything printed on them. I thought I got a box of these, but alas there were graphics printed on them, which made it difficult to cut around.

It's also much easier to cut and handle the roll-ups if your fingers and the pizza cutter are dipped in water. That way it doesn't stick.

No comments: