We've been super in to thin crust pizzas lately. It took us a few tries to perfect the crust, but I think we might finally have found our favorite crispy thin crust recipe. Now that we have the crust down, we've been experimenting with a variety of toppings. This one has been one of my favorites for the roasted tomatoes.
1 cup grape tomatoes
1 cup tomato sauce
1 cup chopped sausage
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
1. Prepare the pizza dough and let rest for 30 minutes.
2. While the dough is rising, roast the tomatoes. Lay the tomatoes on a greased baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and bake for 20 minutes at 400*.
3. To make a thin crust pizza, cut the dough in half. The other half of the dough can be saved in the frige for up to 3 days. Roll out half of the dough until it's approximately 12" across.
4. Place the dough on a pizza stone or baking sheet. Spray lightly with cooking spray and sprinkle with oregano and garlic powder. Bake for 20 minutes at 400*.
5. When dough is done baking, top with sauce, ingredients and cheese and bake for another 10 minutes (or until cheese is bubbly and slightly browning) at 350*.
The Food Whore