Thursday, March 31, 2011

1st Fresh Picks Delivery

We got our first Fresh Picks delivery yesterday. I felt like a kid on Christmas when the delivery guy knocked on our door--I couldn't wait to rip open that box and admire all the delicious foods. The delivery even came with a reference guide telling us where each of them items came from, offering tips to enjoy our produce at its peak, and even suggesting recipes!


Our first delivery included: tangelos, apples, grapefruit, sprouts, leeks, chard, sweet potatoes, eggs, spinach and cilantro. Of course, I had to work yesterday, but today I've had time to do some meal-planning. Here's how I plan to incorporate all these delicious foods into this week's meals (recipes to follow):

Home-made pizza with spinach, sausage, onion, garlic and cilantro
Eggs in a nest (includes the eggs, chard, and leeks)
Roasted chicken with sauteed chard and sweet potatoes
BBQ chicken sandwiches with sweet potato fries

Throughout the week I'll top off our salads with sprouts and snack on the fruit between meals!

Bon Appetit!
The Food Whore

No comments: