Thursday, April 9, 2009

Fat-Free (and Delicious) Veggie Dip


Last month I went on a girls' weekend trip to Savannah for my good friend A's bachelorette party. I was in charge of bringing snacks for the hotel room. With 11 girls eating conciously (to fit into bridesmaid dresses and save room for Paula Deen's buffet), I opted for some healthier snacks. I came up with this FAT-FREE (yes, you read that right) veggie dip.

Ingredients:
16 oz fat free sour cream
3 green onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled
5 basil leaves, chopped
3-4 sprigs dill, chopped and stemless
1/3 cup diced red onion
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Combine garlic, basil, dill, onion, and salt and pepper in a small food processor and pulse until well chopped and blended.

2. Mix the processed blend, green onions and sour cream in a medium sized bowl and chill for about an hour before serving.

3. Serve with fresh chopped veggies.

Bon Appetit!
The Food Whore

No comments: