Friday, February 1, 2008

Pork Chops and Cranberry Sauce???

Peter Brady almost had it right. Here's a super simple recipe for Sweet and Tangy Pork Chops and Stuffing. This is one of those quick dinners that can easily be made on a weekday evening.

Ingredients
6 boneless porkchops
1 box Stove Top Stuffing
1 can whole berry cranberries
3/4 cup babrbeque sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar

1. Prepare the stuffing according to the box. I'm not usually one to use box mixes of anything. In fact, this was the 1st time I ever used Stove Top. I would normally advocate the real deal, but for a quick and simple dinner, I will surrender to the Stove Top gods.

2. In a bowl, mix the barbeque sauce, cranberries and brown sugar. I used Sweet Baby Rays barbeque sauce because it is my favorite. Next time I will probably use a tangier, less sweet sauce. I will probably also exclude the sugar. The cranberries make this sweet enough that you really don't need to add extra sugar to it.

3. In a large skillet, cook the pork chops for 5 minutes on each side on medium high heat.

4. Mix the stuffing in with the cranberry mixture.

5. In a 9x13 pan, lay out the pork chops and cover with the stuffing mixture. Cook for 30 minutes at 350.

I served this with steamed broccoli and Onion Baked Potatoes. To make the potatoes, you will need onion soup/dip mix and 4 potatoes.

1. Chop the potatoes in to bite-sized pieces.

2. In a large ziplock baggie, combine 2 tbsp olive oil, potatoes and 1 packet of soup mix. Shake to coat potatoes.

3. Dump potatoes on a greased baking sheet and cook for 25 minutes at 350. (The potatoes and the pork chops can be in the oven at the same time to cut your cook time.)

When there's about 10 minutes cook time left on the potatoes/pork chops, steam your broccoli. Et voila, dinner in 40 minutes. Serves 6

Bon Appetit!
The Food Whore

1 comment:

Suzanne Anas Jurich said...

I love your recipes and commentary!!